Sunday, May 15, 2005

BhangraBhangraBhangra

BhangraBhangraBhangra

another trip to the gurdwaratoday....took saachi by my self. She did pretty good actually. i was able to eat langar in relative peace-thanks to Nikki and Sonu watching Saachi.

The 'pradhan' of the gurudwara always translates the daily hukumnama into english for non punjabi speakers who might be attending the services or for punjabi speakers who don't understand the deeper meaning of gurbani -prime example-me! and likely half of the sangat....
He needs some help in presenting the translation though-he looks and sounds completely disinterested and frankly makes me wanna NOT think about the teaching in a positive way-but again I am a borderline atheist and most people who spout religion without applying any critical thinking to it, disgust me anyway.

Afterwards, volleyball and basketball with the guys, which made me think-what in the hell is wrong with the generation of desis born in India-have they no sports aptitude of any kind-they eat the karah, rub the ghee on their face or beard to give it that 'shine' and head home...
'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home