Thursday, August 11, 2005

House buying

Lately, I have been feeling like a rat since I am now firmly entrenched in the rat-race. Bought a house in Fresno because the real estate is appreciating so fast-it would cost a lot more next year when we move back to Fresno. Hopefully Nicky will match in residency in Fresno otherwise...

Talking about rats, I ame home the night before to find a bat in the house. Freaked the living crap out of me (i wonder why we say that-crap does not really live does it? Mostly smells like something crawled out and died...)! Screamed like a little girl. Waited outside the house for an hour, clad in a pair of dress pants and a T shirt because I was too chicken to go back in my bedroom and grab some shorts...The nuisance wildlife removal guy never called me back so I screwed up my courage, snuck back in the house and finally was able to get the bat to fly out of the house. Felt like an idiot later..I did some reading on..bats- apparantly they are not flying rats, they are not blind, very few of them actually carry rabies and are not aggressive-I might disagree with that last one-I really thought it was coming after me. Not to mention that they are not exactly 'cute' as far as wildlife is concerned. I almost had to change my underwear later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home