Friday, February 17, 2006

Go back to your country

I see a pt who is visits the ED frequently. She smiles at me rather brightly and says, hello-I am here because my daughter got beat up last night and I am stressed out. I need some ativan and my prescription refilled. I ask her why she didnt call her doctor. Well, he won't give me any ativan so I have to get it from the ER. I refused to give her any.
The poop really hit the fan then.
The conversation deteriorated something like this (with some embellishment for humor but mostly like this;))
Pt: Do you think you are cool just because you are from another country?
Me: Thats it. Now I know why I am so cool!
Pt: What? Kiss my ass!
Me: I dont want to.
Pt: I am gonna sue you. I have sued before and I have won-let me tell you buddy! I am gonna turn you in! Who is the administrator!
Me: fine. Go ahead. Here is a complaint form. Do you need the yellow pages?
Pt: I have been in the psych ward 25 times!
Me: I think thats a dubious badge of honor but hey, who am I to say
Pt: go back to your country!
Me: I would but I can't. They wont take me. They think I am too westernized and they make fun of my accent.
Pt: Kiss my ass!
Me: I think I already turned down that request, but its OK to ask for anything twice.
Pt: The other doctors always give me what I want, who are you to refuse? Go back to your country.
Me: OK, you said it. I guess I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home